Resources is under construction; check back for more information. 

Link:  Washington Law Help
The Northwest Justice Project maintains this excellent website which contains information on a number of legal issues, including family law, housing, immigration, and consumer/debt.  For certain issues (such as family law), there are instructions and forms that you can use to represent yourself.  There is also information on free legal aid programs in Washington.

Link:  King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinics
Call 206- 267-7070 Tuesday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. to make an appointment to talk to an attorney at clinics located throughout King County.  Appointments are free and generally last 30 minutes.  Volunteer attorneys in this program do not provide legal representation, only advice and referrals.

Link:  King County Family Law Facilitators
To schedule an appointment, call 206-296-9092 for facilitators at the King County Courthouse in downtown Seattle or 206-205-2526 for facilitators at the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent.  Facilitators assist people who are pro se (not represented by an attorney) with information and referrals on certain family law actions.  The facilitators are not attorneys and do not provide legal advice (including what type of case you need to file), but they can provide information on how to start an action, what forms are needed, court rules, and procedures.  They can review the forms you prepare to make sure they are complete.

Link:  King County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
The Lawyer Referral Service charges a small fee to provide referrals to potential clients who want to hire an attorney who has been screened for specific experience requirements.  Call 206-267-7010 during business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.

Link:  Washington State Bar Association’s Moderate Means Program
The Moderate Means Program connects middle-income clients with lawyers throughout Washington state who agree to provide legal assistance and representation at a reduced rate.  The hourly rate charged is reduced on a sliding scale based on the Federal Poverty Level compared to the client’s income, assets, and number of dependents in the household.  This is not free representation and the lawyer could request a deposit (retainer) as well as documentation of income and assets.  It may take up to a week and sometimes longer to receive a referral.  Currently, representation is available for three areas of law, including family (divorce, domestic violence, chid custody, etc.), housing (landlord-tenant, eviction, etc.), and consumer (debt, bankruptcy, etc.).  You can apply online or call 855-741-6930.

Link:  Washington State Court Forms
This website contains forms to use in Washington courts.  You may need to check the clerk’s office for your county for forms required in that court.

Link:  Washington Case Records
Use this website to look up the pleadings, orders, and other activity on cases in all counties in Washington (except Pierce County; see see link below).

Link:  Pierce County Case Records
Use this website to look up the pleadings, orders, and other activity on cases in Pierce County.  You can purchase copies of documents online.

Link:  Copies of Court Records in King County
There are several ways to obtain copies of documents from a court case.  You can use the link above to order copies or go in person to the Clerk’s Office at the King County Courthouse in downtown Seattle or at the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent during business hours.  There is a charge for photocopies.

Return to Homehttp://www.washingtonlawhelp.org,_PLLC_-_Carrie_Kovacevich_Seattle_Estate_Planning_Probate_Family_Litigation_Law_Attorney.htmlshapeimage_1_link_0shapeimage_1_link_1shapeimage_1_link_2shapeimage_1_link_3shapeimage_1_link_4shapeimage_1_link_5shapeimage_1_link_6shapeimage_1_link_7shapeimage_1_link_8shapeimage_1_link_9


Carrie M. Kovacevich, Attorney

Phone:  (206) 367-6962